• Wed. Oct 5th, 2022

Tata-owned Vistara Wins Important World Airline Awards, Rises to 28th in Global Rankings

Vistara CEO Leslie Thng expressed his joy at winning both awards. (To file)

Tata-owned full-service carrier Vistara won the award for Best Airline in India and South Asia at the 2021 World Airline Awards.

The 2021 World Airline Awards were based on surveys of more than 13 million travelers between September 2019 and July of this year. Vistara also reached the 28th position among 350 airlines, based on travelers’ votes based on their experience. Vistara was ranked 69th in 2019 and 86th the year before.

Vistara also won the award for best airline staff in India and South Asia.

Vistara Chief Executive Officer Leslie Thng expressed his joy at winning the two awards that recognize the airline and its team members’ constant efforts to provide a world-class experience for travelers.

In a statement, he also thanked Vistara’s loyalists for the trust they place in the airline.

The World Airline Awards, presented by Skytrax, study customer satisfaction on a global basis. The awards are given following a vote by travelers in a satisfaction survey among airline passengers.

With travelers from over 100 nationalities participating in the survey, Vistara’s victory represents the coming of age of India’s newest full-service carrier.

Skytrax CEO Edward Plaisted said of Vistara’s success that the airline had achieved a remarkable feat by winning both awards. He demonstrated the leadership of the airline for the highest standards of product and service from the staff.

Plaisted also expressed hope that air travel would return to normal in 2022.

The Tatas have a 51% stake in the full-service carrier, with Singapore Airlines holding the remaining 49%. The Group re-entered the aviation sector with the low-cost airline AirAsia India, a joint venture with AirAsia, decades after the nationalization of Air India, founded by the Tata Group as a postal carrier.

There are reports that the Tata Group has submitted a financial offer for Air India as the government moves into the final stages of its divestiture process.

In addition, Vistara also won the “Best Cabin Crew in India and South Asia” award, in addition to being ranked among the best in India for cabin cleanliness.

Get live stock quotes for BSE, NSE, US market and latest net asset value, mutual fund portfolio, see the latest IPO news, top IPOs, calculate your tax with the help of the income tax calculator, know the best winners, the best losers and the best equity funds in the market. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Financial Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay up to date with the latest news and updates from Biz.